What sets Bankrate apart for consumer financial product offerings?
- Comprehensive: Bankrate collects extensive interest rate information on more than 300 financial products from over 4,800 institutions, and across 650 local markets in 50 states.
- Superior Monetization Platform: Unlike traditional licensing arrangements, our affiliates enhance their site and content while at the same time deriving incremental revenue.
How do I make money?
As an affiliate, you have the potential to generate four different types of revenue.
- 1. Display revenue (CPM)
- 2. Performance-based advertising
CPC revenue (Home Loan & Deposit products)
CPA revenue (Credit Cards)
CPL revenue (Insurance)
- 3. Revenue Share: Bankrate will pay 40% of all revenue generated by the affiliate.
Are there any restrictions in the way I promote the products?
As an affiliate, it is strictly forbidden to:
- Use Bankrate’s tools and widgets on any website that has not been approved through the affiliate center.
- Include Bankrate’s tools and widgets within email campaigns.
- Purposely encourage users to click on products within the rate tables that will result in a paid click. For example, inviting a user to “Click on the green next buttons to compare multiple lenders” is prohibited text.
- Push non-endemic traffic to your site in order to increase your click volume.
When and how do I get paid?
- Payments will be processed via ACH or by check to bank accounts and addresses listed within the United States. We require affiliates to submit a valid W-9 with Bankrate in order to receive payments.
- Commissions are paid on a net 30 to 45 basis: For example, at the end of the month when payments are issued, it will be for revenue generated the previous month.
- Bankrate requires a $25.00 net minimum threshold to be met in order to issue payments each month. Revenue will accrue until such threshold is met.