Amazon, one of the Big Four tech companies (with the other three being Google, Facebook and Apple) looks for associates who are a value-add for Amazon customers. If you’re a passionate reviewer, stylist, content creator or curator who would like to refer your audience to products on Amazon, you may be the right fit for the Amazon affiliate program or the Amazon Associates. As an affiliate, you can earn 1% – 10% per qualified sale, and $3 – $10 per completed action (Special Program Fees). Here’s how it works:
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. The company is driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of their customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Amazon Affiliate Program
After you sign up, Amazon Associates team will check your application once you’ve driven qualified sales (they require at least three within the first 180 days). In their review, Amazon will check all of the Sites you’ve provided (websites, mobile apps, and social network pages) to ensure that they meet their customer experience bar. All Sites must have robust original content (even when advertising is removed). Your Site must be live and viewable by the general public. Once an application is rejected, it is not reassessed.
- Websites – Content on your website must be recent (generally within the last 60 days). You must own your website.
- Mobile Apps – Your app must comply with Amazon’s Mobile Application Policy requirements.
- Social Networks – Amazon currently only accepts Facebook (including open group pages and fan pages), Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch.tv. Your application must clearly list your account or group (do not list the social network URL only). Your social network account or group must be established, with a substantive number of organic followers/likes (in most cases, at least 500). It must be publicly available (for example, no closed group pages).
As an affiliate, you can choose from over a million products to advertise to your customers. Whether you are a large network, content site or blogger, Amazon has simple linking tools to meet your advertising needs. You can earn advertising fees from Qualifying Purchases, not just the products you advertised.
- 1% – 10% per qualified sale
- $3 – $10 per completed action (Special Program Fees)
Here’s a breakdown of how much you can earn as a commission when a customer buys a product by following a referral link on your website.
- Luxury Beauty, Amazon Coins – 10.00%
- Furniture, Home, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden, Pets Products, Pantry – 8.00%
- Headphones, Beauty, Musical Instruments, Business & Industrial Supplies – 6.00%
- Outdoors, Tools – 5.50%
- Digital Music, Grocery, Physical Music, Handmade, Digital Videos – 5.00%
- Physical Books, Health & Personal Care, Sports, Kitchen, Automotive, Baby Products – 4.50%
- Amazon Fire Tablet Devices, Amazon Kindle Devices, Amazon Fashion Women’s, Men’s & Kids Private Label,
- Apparel, Amazon Cloud Cam Devices, Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV Devices, Amazon Echo
- Devices, Ring Devices, Watches, Jewelry, Luggage, Shoes, and Handbags & Accessories – 4.00%
- Amazon Fresh, Toys – 3.00%
- PC, PC Components, DVD & Blu-Ray – 2.50%
- Televisions, Digital Video Games – 2.00%
- Physical Video Games & Video Game Consoles – 1.00%
- All Other Categories – 4.00%
Standard Program Fees for all Qualifying Purchases of Products that are categorized as fine art are limited to a maximum of $200 per Product, regardless of the Qualifying Revenues received from the sale of that Product.
You will not be eligible to receive any Standard Program Fees or Special Program Fees for any month if Amazon determines that your Site is primarily promoting free Kindle eBooks and during that month (i) 20,000 or more free Kindle eBooks are ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links, and (ii) at least 80% of all Kindle eBooks ordered and downloaded during Sessions attributed to your Special Links are free Kindle eBooks.
Why Join Amazon Affiliate Program?
- One of the Big Four technology companies
- Competitive conversion rates help you maximize your earnings
- Generous commissions
- Free to join
Frequently Asked Questions
When will you get paid?
Payments are made monthly if your balance meets the minimum threshold. Amazon must have your tax information on file before they can make any payments. Advertising fees are paid by direct deposit, Amazon.com Gift Certificate, or check approximately 60 days after the end of the month for which they are being paid.
Can you sign up your non-profit for the Associates Program?
Yes, your non-profit organization can join the Associates Program. Other organizations that have joined the Program include charities, churches, schools, alumni associations, and many others.
Can you get samples of the products you feature?
Amazon does not provide samples for review to Associates. You may contact publishers and manufacturers directly to request items you want to review.